Mission & Vision
The Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers (AIAMC) is a national membership organization whose members are major academic medical centers and health systems committed to quality patient care, medical education and research. AIAMC members:
- Regard medical education and research as strategic assets in providing patient-centered care;
- Operate independently of medical school ownership or governance while maintaining major medical school affiliations;
- Care for a patient population that mirrors their local communities;
- Provide teaching and research that is innovative, applicable to practice and community responsive.
The mission of the AIAMC is to assist members in achieving the highest standards of patient care through the integration of medical education and research into their clinical missions. We achieve this mission by:
- Fostering leadership and providing a networking forum for senior leaders of IAMCs;
- Facilitating the development of innovative educational approaches to improve patient safety and clinical outcomes;
- Fostering collaboration and joint responsibility among the membership to develop benchmarking and best practices;
- Facilitating member research on population-based patient outcomes;
- Promoting the unique value of the IAMC on the local, regional and national levels;
- Envisioning medical education and research of the future and preparing members for optimum performance;
- Partnering with key, national organizations
The AIAMC will be an essential national resource for developing and sharing best practices in medical education and research.
Membership is open to an independent academic medical center, health system or agency that sponsors four or more residency programs approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, American Osteopathic Association, or equivalent accrediting agency, that demonstrates a significant constructive commitment to graduate medical education, continuing medical education and research.
Single Institution: $5,750
Health Care System:
- $5,750 – 1st Hospital
- $2,500 – 2nd Hospital
- $1,750 – 3rd Hospital
- $1,250 – 4th Hospital
- $250 – 5th and Subsequent Hospitals